Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

You Know Your a Nursing Student When....

Hello all!! Well, its Monday and the first day of a new semester in nursing school. My short two and a half week break is long gone but its nice to be back to normal...whatever that is when your in nursing school!
 
Nursing bestie and I reunited after break
 
So this morning we met our new instructor for the semester, went over the usual busy work and dove head first into lecture, ending our day a tad bit early. Even though its never fun to sit in lecture, a few things our instructor said to us stuck with me. She was going over her history as a nurse and how she came to be a nursing school instructor, she described herself as being "born a nurse".

 
Many people go into nursing for every reason in the book, but I believe nursing chose me. My dad is a firefighter and he used to say he would do it for free...I have recently caught myself saying the same phrase. I never thought I would go into nursing, people had suggested it when I was at the local community college getting my general education associates degree but I blew them off. Thinking, blood and guts? No way!! Its crazy to think that now I am halfway through nursing school and so excited about moving forward. I chose one of the more stressful, exhausting and beautiful careers out there and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

 
  
What makes you choose the career you do? It could be a family business, could be the income or maybe its the passion. I believe whatever you choose, or whatever chooses you should be something that you love. Who wants to go working a million years and never loving a day in their profession? Not this girl!
 
Hope everyone has a good week! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have found something you love!! I'm proud of where you are and so excited to see you succeed at this!

    ReplyDelete