Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Full Steam Ahead!


The best part of being on break from school are the moments I get to do things I normally can't fit into my hectic school/work schedule. This morning I decided to do a little at-home mani! The best part about having friends that are cosmetologists is using their licenses to purchase Essie and OPI products for cheap! While on the other coast, I took full advantage! It was an Essie heaven!!!
 
 
 
With this many choices, a girl can go crazy! Especially a nail obsessed gal like myself! So I decided to get a sample set of Essie's Summer Collection. These are always good purchases, teeny but enough to use for the remainder of the summer. The names are so cute!! Gotta wonder where they come up with them sometimes!
 
 

 
 
Today I chose to use the lavender and lime colors, which are Full Steam Ahead and the More the Merrier! I also use Orly's Bonder for a base coat & Essie's Got to Go for the top coat. The bonder makes your nails tacky and adheres well to the polish, preventing chips. Good to go is one of the fastest drying and shiniest top coats I've ever used! Highly recommend it!
 
 

 
These new colors are super thick and I had trouble getting it on without bubbles. I recommend sticking them in the fridge for 10-20 to reduce the bubbles, a trick I found on Pinterest. I apply the Bonder after filing, buffering and cleaning. Then I apply one thin coat of polish, cleaning as I go with an orange stick dipped in acetone. It looks a little streaky at first but it is the best way to prevent bubbles and has always proved to be the best way, in my opinion.
 
 
 
 I love the end result!! The double accent is perfect for summer and a little twist on the trendy single accent nail. Definitely satisfied with this collection!
 
 
 
 
The lavender color looks a little more blue in the photo than it actually is. Be sure to check out the entire Essie Summer Collection! Bright and sassy!!
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi darl, you have a wonderful blog, did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joyce!! Yes I am on Bloglovin & I'd love to follow each other!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete